Best Online Grocery Apps: Grocery apps are an important part of modern society. They play a large role in the way people live. So much so that grocery delivery apps have become a necessity for many.
Demand for online grocery delivery apps has surged, with consumers wanting the convenience of getting their favourite foods delivered and purchased from their phone or desktop.
As an extension of this trend, we are seeing new grocery delivery apps develop to meet these needs. This roundup will be a quick look at Grocery Delivery Apps available in India, which may be of interest to Indian entrepreneurs as well as international businesses looking for ways to enter the Indian market.
People are getting busy nowadays and they don’t have enough time to grocery shop. Many times we find ourselves in this situation and it is very inconvenient.
Nowadays people use grocery delivery apps. These apps are very popular and famous, so I am going to share some of the best grocery delivery apps available in India.
Benefits Of Grocery Delivery Apps
1. There Are No Lineups At The Cash Registers
Long queues are one of the most inconvenient features of almost any in-store food purchasing experience in India. Customers are directed to check-out counters to pay for their goods after spending considerable time browsing the store and selecting items.
2. Digital Shelving That Are Easier To Use And Search
Grocery delivery apps organize their products into categories. Clients can use the categories as virtual shelves. Customers can find their things fast by using the categories.
3. Grocery Shopping For Every Single Item You Desire
Customers are typically lured to purchase goods by the numerous incentives made by grocery merchants. When one enters a store, appealing deals and discounts are displayed.
4. The Shipping Prices Are Relatively Reasonable
Most delivery providers charge a higher delivery fee for little items. As a result, the technique comprises getting more groceries for less money. The method is more obvious and less expensive than the transportation costs associated with visiting the firm.
1. Big Basket
Big Basket is a popular online grocery delivery app in India. It contains over 18,000 goods from over 100 different brands. This app contains information about your groceries. Everything is accessible with a single click. Only on the app can you compare brands in the same category.
With the Bigbasket smartphone application, you can receive everything from your favorite lipstick to farm-fresh and crunchy vegetables delivered to your door. The app features introductory incentives for new users as well as numerous more discounts for returning customers.
To ensure a convenient checkout, consumers can choose from a variety of payment methods. Cash-on-delivery, e-wallets, debit and credit cards, net banking, and other payment methods are available.
Mr. Hari Menon, VS Sudhakar, Vipul Parekh, Abhinay Coudhari, and V S Ramesh co-founded Bigbasket in December 2011 with the goal of building one of the best online grocery apps. BigBasket’s headquarters are in Bengaluru, and the company has grown to over 25 cities.
- Big Basket is available in seven languages and serves a number of Indian cities.
- Customers have the option of an appealing and straightforward return policy.
- If your order is not delivered within the time frame provided, you will receive a 10% refund.
2. Blinkit (Grofers: Grocery delivery app)
This is a delivery service that connects customers with neighborhood merchants. It has a large selection of groceries, fresh fruits and vegetables. It began operations in Delhi but is now present in 17 locations across India. It delivers hyper-local logistics, allowing for more seamless interactions between local merchants and consumers.
The platform allows you to contact a variety of firms using your smartphone. Vegetables, fruits, and grocery goods will be delivered to your house at the lowest market price. The standard is never compromised.
There are numerous payment alternatives accessible, making it easy for consumers to make purchases. Grofers also offers discounts to make your shopping more interesting and cost-effective.
- Cashback on delivery slots.
- There is a no-questions-asked refund and exchange policy.
- Simple search choices.
This is a one-stop store with a large variety of basic and personal household products under one roof. D’Mart store items are readily available at a competitive rate that customers enjoy; all you need to do is download the mobile Dmart app to shop quicker.
In Mumbai, the company provides free pickup and Doorstep Grocery Delivery. The DMart app lists all types of supermarket products that may be purchased online. In addition, the organization provides return and refund procedures for faulty products after delivery.
It offers vital nutrients to fresh vegetables and fruits. D’Mart makes shopping convenient for residents of Mumbai. The iOS and Android platforms both provide free versions of the mobile app.
- speedier delivery and improved distribution.
- Increased customer reach.
- Shopping without making contact.
- Improved product assortment.
4. Jio Mart
In the Indian corporate arena, Reliance is a well-known brand. JioMart, the leading grocery market in the reliance industry, must be highlighted in some way. An app for supermarket and basic shop purchases for Indians who want to purchase groceries rapidly online.
JioMart is available for both Android and iOS users. Download an app and use a single tap to buy goods. Currently, the app provides grocery delivery in almost every major city in India, including Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Meerut, Agra, Thane, and others.
It is one of the most popular online grocery delivery apps in India, covering over 200 cities. The app offers the best deals and discounts on groceries and other basic needs.
- Jiomart’s reasonable price range and simple and efficient return policy make shopping there a pleasurable experience for its customers.
- All orders include free shipping (no minimum quantity required).
- Jio mart has become one of the most popular grocery delivery apps due to its straightforward return policy and reasonable cost.
5. Nature’s Basket
This app encourages the healthiest lifestyle possible, as inspired by the healthiest nutrition. The ultimate tasting destination is Godrej Nature Basket.
They have European and Italian cheese, European cold cuts, Asian spices, and organic foods from Indian farms.
The app provides a well curated range of everyday consumer goods. It offers veggies, healthy pastries, fresh snacks, weight-loss meals, and personalized gifts. They import the majority of their products, which are of great quality. There is a limited selection of local brands.
Nature’s Basket is trusted by many Indians since it provides effortless shopping, making it one of the top grocery delivery applications.
You can also enable notifications to receive regular updates on the discounts and bargains. Nature’s Basket also offers a variety of payment alternatives, both online and offline.
- Their product inventory contains over 15000 items.
- They provide COD (cash on delivery) choice for payment.
- A faster search and check-out process.
- Simplified design with straightforward navigation.
6. Flipkart Grocery
Flipkart, India’s top eCommerce site, has launched an online food purchasing service in India. Flipkart launches its online grocery shopping service in response to high customer demand and competitive pressure. Flipkart, like Amazon Pantry, is significantly increasing its grocery sales with special customer deals.
One reason for this is that it comes from a reputable company, and another is the fantastic deals that Flipkart Supermart provides. They feature a wide range of products, from spices to cereals to dairy products, making it a one-stop shop for all of your daily essentials.
It is accessible via the web, Android, and iOS devices, and it is progressively expanding its presence in numerous Indian cities.
- Home delivery and pick-up options are available in many cities.
- Select customers can use the “Buy Now, Pay Later” feature to purchase groceries now and pay later (on credit)
- Items of guaranteed good quality
7. PayTm Mall
Paytm Mall is India’s fastest growing e-commerce website and smartphone app. The company offers an online grocery service to Indian users through its platform, as well as an eCommerce app development service. Paytm is the third largest eCommerce company in India, after Flipkart and Amazon.
Paytm Mall has developed a grocery buying option with discounted pricing to compete with its rivals in the online market. Fresh vegetables, dairy goods, and fruits are now unavailable on their site.
Thousands of FMCG products and other important grocery items are available for purchase through the app and website. The Paytm Mall mobile application is free to download from Google Play and the App Store.
- It ensures that the greatest products are delivered to your home.
- Its fast and flawless delivery service, as well as its promising quality check, making it a trustworthy grocery delivery app in India.
- It is accessible via the web or Android/iOS apps.
- It provides fantastic offers on all products as well as simple return and payment choices.
Spencer’s is a well-known Indian food and grocery retail chain in India. Spencer’s online store has over 10000 products in many categories such as fresh fruits & vegetables, bread, dairy, FMCG, and more. To increase sales, the company has launched an online operation via a website and mobile application.
Spencer’s, one of India’s oldest retail store chains, was founded in 1863 and has just entered the online food delivery app market. Not only do you obtain food, but you also get things from many categories, such as organic food, beverages, electronics and electronics, home and dining, and so on.
- Spencer’s offers customers a diverse selection of cuisine options.
- The delivery agents guarantee delivery within three hours after placing the order.
- The delivery slots are variable, which improves the app experience significantly.
Dunzo is yet another groceries delivery service that will have your groceries delivered to your door in 45 minutes. Dunzo Grocery sells cosmetics in addition to fruits and vegetables. You can also have groceries delivered to your residence within a specific time frame.
They can also bring you a single item from your favorite neighboring grocery store. Their current locations are Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, and Jaipur.
- Food delivered quickly from your favorite supermarkets or local stores
- Payments are accepted both physically and online.
In India, Zopnow is a rapidly expanding online grocery buying mobile application. The product will be delivered in collaboration with trusted hypermarkets such as HyperCITY, More, and other grocery chains.
Unlike other online grocery applications, Zopnow accepts consumer orders and delivers the items to their doorsteps within 3 hours.
ZopNow has been in business since 2014 and presently operates in 9 Indian cities, including Bangalore, Noida, Ghaziabad, Pune, and others. With better research and market growth, the company intends to expand its operations to additional Indian cities in the near future. ZopNow’s website and mobile app offer over 20,000 online grocery products for purchase.
- Door to door delivery in 3 hours.
- Online service and returns are quick.
- Purchase and payment are both simple.
11. Amazon Fresh
Amazon Fresh is a type of online supermarket. It was originally an add-on service, but Amazon Prime members now get free access to it.
Fresh veggies, meat, dairy, seafood, packaged meals, Whole Foods 365 items, and household items such as cleaning supplies are also available from the online store.
Amazon Fresh sells electronics, clothing, and toys. It’s straightforward to use because the UI is consistent with the rest of Amazon. Simply add things to your shopping cart and proceed to the checkout.
- This platform may contain high-quality products.
- On this website, people can take advantage of a range of offers and discounts.
- Delivery is fast and can be planned as required.
- It is available in several cities across India.
StarQuik is a Tata Enterprise effort that provides grocery delivery of fruits and vegetables, cereals, dairy products, packaged food, and other items.
It is a very cost-effective grocery delivery app due to its special discounts, low charges, and hot delivery savings. They are currently available in India’s Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Prices are reasonable and affordable.
- The return policy is easy, and both offline and online payments are accepted.
- Currently, it is only available in two cities: Mumbai and Bangalore.
It is undeniable that online grocery applications are rapidly entering the market. Many things contribute to their popularity. Nowadays, technology is the dominant tendency in all human operations.
People do not want to wait in large lines for services; instead, they want things delivered to their door.
Our generation prefers to spend their time earning money rather than hunting for services. Customers like apps because they solve these problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Payment Alternatives Are Available When Ordering Grocery Delivery Apps?
There are numerous payment methods accessible for your online grocery shopping. Some of the most popular payment methods are cash-on-delivery, e-wallets, debit and credit cards, net banking, and so on.
2. Which Is India’s Top Grocery Delivery App?
Bigbasket is a well-known app in the online grocery delivery sector. It provides a variety of cashback, deals, and discounts.
3. How Long Will It Take For Your Order To Be Delivered?
In general, the shipping time ranges from 1 to 6 days. Some applications even provide same-day delivery.
4. How Can I Download These Grocery Apps ?
You can easily download these grocery apps from the play store by simply searching by their name.