Cyber security is a huge topic and most people don’t know how to stay safe on the internet. They don’t think twice before going to their favourite website but feel insecure when they are on some unknown or shady website.
So how can you stay safe?
This article will help you in connecting with a free VPN service provider and why it is important to use one regularly.
Are you searching for the best free VPN apps? Or do you now have a new VPN router that you want to use?
It is no surprise that the demand for the best free VPNs is at an all-time high. There are many different types of VPN services out there, each one being suited to different types of users and budgets.
In this article, we will look at some of the best free VPN services currently available on the market today!
Here we have discussed about 9 best free VPN apps that will help you to browse safely on the internet.
|Express VPN – Best Free VPN
|NordVPN – Best Free VPN
|Atlas VPN – Best Free VPN
|Surfshark – Best Free VPN
|CyberGhost – Best Free VPN
|IPVanish – Best Free VPN
|Betternet – Best Free VPN
|Proton VPN – Best Free VPN
|Unlocator VPN – Best Free VPN
1. Express VPN – Best Free VPN
In general, a VPN, or virtual private network, is a secure tunnel that is built between the devices you are using and the internet.
VPNs are primarily used to protect users from undesired online traffic such as snooping, censorship, and intervention.
ExpressVPN also functions as a proxy server. This allows you to conceal or edit your current location on the web while being anonymous.
ExpressVPN is a market leader in practically every aspect of the VPN industry today. ExpressVPN currently offers over three thousand servers in about 94 countries across the world. ExpressVPN also provides exceptional customer service, security, and usability.
For these and other reasons, ExpressVPN is regarded as a top-tier and premium VPN service provider.
It’s a subscription VPN that offers great secrecy in a simple and intuitive package. The price is slightly greater than usual, but this is compensated by the excellent level of performance.
ExpressVPN also includes server selection, device support, and a 24/7 chat support facility for any problems you may encounter. They made certain that their features are suitable for average consumers.
Features Of Express VPN
1. Unblocks A Variety Of Streaming Platforms
ExpressVPN is highly dependable for circumventing geo blocking — Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and others were all easily accessible.
2. Superfast Streaming With No Buffering
No other VPN functions as effectively as this one across long distances. My speeds remained remarkably fast on both local and long-distance servers, with just small drops that were barely discernible.
3. A Large Server Network
It has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, so you’ll be able to find one close to you to assure the best possible speeds. Continue reading to find out if its virtual locations affect performance.
4. Excellent Security Features And Military-Grade Encryption
ExpressVPN’s top-tier encryption technology and comprehensive security features keep your connection concealed from anyone attempting to spy on your data.
5. A Tried-And-True No-Logs Policy Supported By Independent Audits
Its stringent no-logs policy has been validated in court and by a major auditing firm.
6. Native Windows, Mac, Android, Ios, Linux, And Router Apps
Every major operating system includes a user-friendly, feature-rich software, with the exception of one that lacks a few features.
7. Works In China
ExpressVPN is one of the few VPN services that can circumvent China’s Great Firewall.
Pros Of Express VPN
- You can select which network devices to protect.
- Works on nearly every platform, including Windows, Android, Minux, iOS, Mac, and others.
- You may watch your favorite sports networks and streaming services even if you are abroad or in a different market.
- 24/7 live chat customer service manned by actual, qualified people who react to queries in seconds.
- The next-generation Lightway VPN protocol provides a quicker, more secure, and more dependable connection.
- Excellent encryption and leak prevention.
Cons Of Express VPN
- Long-Term Subscriptions Are Relatively Pricey, But Provide Excellent Value
- IPV6 is not supported.
How to Get Free ExpressVPN
Sign up now to begin your ExpressVPN free trial. You can cancel at any moment during the first 30 days and receive a full refund.
NordVPN, situated in Panama, is a well-known VPN service provider that was formed in 2012. Because of its low prices and vast feature set, NordVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN on the market right now.
It is incorporated and headquartered in Panama, so the corporation is not required to keep any logs. Aside from that, NordVPN provides a varied selection of servers as well as a variety of features for improving your online privacy and security.
NordVPN is a global favorite due to its strong encryption, fast speeds, and dependable connectivity. In this NordVPN review, we’ll go through its features, test its streaming and overall performance, and discover why it’s so popular.
Features Of Nordvpn
1. Strong Encryption Standards
NordVPN offers the industry’s gold standard of encryption.
2. Data Logging To A Minimum
NordVPN only logs the bare minimum of information, such as email addresses, payment information, and customer support contacts.
3. Policy Of No Logging
Because of the no-log policy, it is perfect for security-conscious users. The user interface is amazing and has been much improved.
NordVPN’s programmes for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux offer a premium appearance and connect quickly.
4. Six Concurrent Connections
NordVPN can protect up to six devices at once, which is more than most VPNs.
5. Maximum Protection
NordVPN employs all of the most advanced security technologies, including OpenVPN, AES-256, its own DNS servers, and a death switch.
6. There Are Servers In 62 Countries.
NordVPN has approximately 5200 servers spread across 62 countries, covering all continents.
Pros Of Nord VPN
- This VPN service offers enough security.
- Protects against DNS leaks.
- This free VPN for torrenting provides dual VPN security.
- It is one of the fastest VPNs available.
- IPv6 leak prevention is provided.
- Extremely fast download and upload speeds.
Cons Of Nord VPN
- IP Addresses That Remain Constant.
- Additional Applications have to be installed manually.
- iOS Installation Problem.
- It is difficult to configure and set up OpenVPN on your own router.
- NordVPN is not available in China.
How to Get Nord VPN Free
- Begin your risk-free NordVPN trial now. You can discontinue your subscription at any time. There are no costs.
- NordVPN provides a money-back guarantee of 30 days. It also has customizable price plans, making it a simple and beneficial privacy tool.
3. Atlas VPN
Atlas VPN is a new VPN application. Atlas VPN, like other privacy apps, promises an instant-convenient and anonymous web browsing experience that removes some of the technical nuances – notably, those that can frequently intimidate novices and those less acquainted with VPNs – but does not compromise on security.
Atlas VPN additionally distinguishes itself by advertising itself as the Best Free VPN.
The free edition includes robust security protections, no advertisements, and a solid no-logs policy. Meanwhile, the premium plans are extremely affordable, giving it a fantastic VPN.
Atlas VPN is also situated in the United States and employs the cutting-edge WireGuard tunneling system. There are over 750 servers to choose from in 37 countries. They all allow torrenting and unblock a variety of streaming services, including Netflix.
Features Of Atlas VPN
1. Setup Is Quick And Simple
Once you’ve downloaded and installed the Atlas VPN app from the App Store or Google Play, the app performs an excellent job of condensing the setup process into a few simple instructions. It’s a really user-friendly software experience. From start to finish, you can be browsing the web anonymously in about 60 seconds.
Even if you’ve never used a VPN before, Atlas VPN is simple to set up and use.
2. No Log Policy
Atlas VPN features a quite strict no-log policy. If you’re downloading a VPN for privacy reasons, that’s an important consideration.
3. Built-In Breach Detector
While there are numerous other sites and services that have similar functionality nowadays, it’s useful to be able to check whether any of your account credentials have been compromised from within the Atlas VPN software. It’s a shame it’s restricted to the premium tier, but there are numerous free options to this functionality available elsewhere.
4. There Is No Port Forwarding
Atlas VPN, unlike the finest torrenting VPNs, does not provide port forwarding on any of its servers. As a result, you may find it difficult to seed torrent files for other users. If you don’t seed as well as leech, certain torrent clients will reduce your download speeds.
5. Vpn Protocols And Secure Encryption
Atlas VPN’s encryption mechanisms are typical of a premium VPN service.
When you connect to an Atlas VPN server, the AES-256 cipher is used to encrypt your traffic. Almost every VPN on the market uses this practically impenetrable encryption technology. You can put your most sensitive information in its hands.
Pros Of Atlas VPN
- It supports the WireGuard tunneling protocol.
- In normal use, the speeds are adequate.
- Local and remote servers performed similarly.
- Apps for Android and iOS that are mobile-friendly
- Atlas VPN provides a high level of security with built-in two-factor authentication.
- Email chat is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Cons Of Atlas VPN
- Minimal Server Infrastructure
- Over Time Value
- If You Want Faster Speeds And Fewer Advertisements, You Must Upgrade To Premium.
Since its inception in 2018, Surfshark has been on an increasing track. What began as a simple VPN has soon become one of VPNOverview’s all-time favorites.
This is the very first VPN service that AV-Test has ever approved. It is also the only VPN that received its first independent audit the same year it was launched.
Surfshark VPN is now one of the world’s most well-known and dependable VPN companies.
While all of this appears to be impressive on paper, we’d like to know how well this VPN actually works. We’re even more excited than we imagined after putting it to its paces in our Surfshark VPN review.
Features Of Surfshark
1. Clean Web
The VPN assures that there are no advertising, viruses, trackers, or phishing attempts on the internet.
The Bypasser function allows you to bypass specified apps and websites while continuing to utilize the VPN on other sites.
3. Unlimited Connections
As a result, Surfshark allows you to connect as many devices to the Virtual Private Network as you desire.
4. There Are No Logs
Surfshark India strictly enforces a no-logs policy. As a result, they do not monitor, store, or track any of your internet activity.
5. Private DNS and Leak Protection
Each server connects to a private DNS. They also provide improved leak protection by utilizing the IP v4 stack.
6. Kill Switch Feature
If your connection drops, Surfshark VPN India will automatically disconnect you. You are never in danger.
7. Camouflage Mode
So that even your ISP doesn’t know you’re using Surfshark.
8. No Borders Option
This mode allows users to connect to the VPN from virtually any location!
9. Private Browsing
Furthermore, your online behavior is absolutely private.
10. Change your IP address
You can change your IP address to one that is not associated with your digital identity.
11. Protocols for Security
IKEv2/IPsec is the default protocol for Surfshark India. Users can, however, choose the Open VPN protocol.
You are protected by military-grade 256-bit encryption.
13. Best Security
Surfshark offers one of the best security measures, according to a third-party audit conducted by Cure53.
14. 24/7 Expert Support
The organization provides expert support 24 hours a day, seven days a week via live chat, emails, and phone calls.
Pros Of Surfshark
- Connection that is secure and private
- Multi-hop connectivity is provided.
- Available on a variety of platforms.
- Good speed Strong global server presence Smooth geo-blocked content streaming Great costs.
- A pleasant user experience.
- Interesting extras features.
Cons Of Surfshark
- It does not provide VPN connection to the Tor browser.
- This software has a difficult installation procedure.
- Social media presence is lacking.
In the year 2011, CyberGhost was born. CyberGhost VPN is managed by Kape Technologies. It was previously owned by German tech entrepreneur Robert Knapp.
This service provider’s territory is Bucharest, Romania, and its headquarters are in Sector 1, Bucharest.
Furthermore, it currently has a team of sixty IT professionals headquartered in Romania and Germany. The team in Germany is in charge of the most recent software development.
CyberGhost VPN appreciates user data, and the proprietors are aware of how this data is now being misused. Furthermore, unethical VPN methods have converted users to mere commodities by selling their data to third parties.
However, the fundamental value is to act as a user’s ally in their path to overcome unwelcome internet surveillance and data theft.
Features Of CyberGhost
1. Unblocking Netflix with Cyberghost
The Netflix-specific server unblocked the US library on the first attempt. However, Netflix was extremely slow, and I had to wait several minutes for the search results to load. However, there were no problems once the show began, so it might potentially be Netflix’s fault.
2. Unblocking Other Streaming Sites With Cyberghost
CyberGhost works well with other streaming services as well. We could, for example, simply access and stream material from HBO Max, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video.
3. Cyberghost Servers And Locations
CyberGhost VPN has around 8000 servers spread across 91 countries. As a result, it is one of the providers with the largest fleets. In that way, the service is comparable to NordVPN or PureVPN.
The best coverage is in Europe, while the Americas are catching up in terms of server count. The conclusion is that their massive fleet allows them to give service even in countries where VPNs are not popular, such as Africa. Keep in mind, though, that some of their servers are virtual, which means they are not physically situated in the country. This is true, for example, of China, Egypt, Iran, Mexico, Morocco, and Turkey.
4. Works In China
We contacted CyberGhost support to see if it was available in China. The answer was short and straightforward: yes, the CyberGhost service is normally supported in China. To use the CyberGhost software there, you simply need to register with a valid email address and a password.
5. CyberGhost Protects Your Privacy
6. Native apps for Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and other platforms are available.
7. Strong security and privacy safeguards are in place to keep you safe online. Advanced encryption, an automated kill switch, split tunneling, leak protection, and an ad blocker are all included.
8. With 8200 servers spread across 91 countries, the server network is extensive, but connecting within China and other blocked countries is unreliable.
Pros Of CyberGhost
- To surf the web anonymously, mask your IP address.
- It safeguards your digital identity.
- Removes all geographical constraints.
- Removes any website restrictions.
- Allows for anonymous torrenting.
- Assists you in protecting your public Wi-Fi connections.
- Allows you to mask your IP address with strong VPN connectivity.
- There are numerous venues to choose from.
- This VPN has a good speed.
Cons Of CyberGhost
- Certain servers are slow and can slow down your network.
- The maintenance of usernames and passwords is difficult.
- The CyberGhost software occasionally crashes.
How to Get CyberGhost for Free
Begin your risk-free CyberGhost trial today. You can discontinue your subscription at any time. There are no further charges.
CyberGhost gives a 45-day money-back guarantee and a variety of programmes for consumers with varying demands.
IPVanish is a feature-rich and easy-to-use VPN. In reality, it’s an excellent tool for improving your internet security and privacy, or simply watching Netflix or YouTube. Furthermore, all of this is reasonably priced.
This VPN, based in the United States, unblocks Netflix, works with many torrenting clients, and provides relatively fast speeds with the WireGuard tunneling protocol.
Features Of IPVanish
1. Streaming Access That Is Dependable
IPVanish can unlock many (but not all) streaming sites, including Netflix US and Hulu.
2. Fast Speeds
I was able to receive fast speeds on both local and long-distance servers that were mostly consistent, albeit I could only game on local servers.
3. Many Servers
IPVanish provides over 2,000 servers spread across 75 countries that are compatible with P2P sharing and gaming. However, it does not operate in China.
Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, advanced protocols, and DNS/IP leak protection are among the many security features.
5. Easy To Use
IPVanish is simple to use and ideal for both novice and experienced users. It supports all major operating systems and devices, including the Amazon FireStick.
6. Money-Back Guarantee That Is Trustworthy
IPVanish offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and subscription options are fairly priced.
Pros Of IPVanish
- It offers excellent security features.
- Provides a number of protocols.
- You will have enough bandwidth to stream 8K video.
- At a reasonable cost.
- Provides a fast server speed.
- App that works well.
Cons Of IPVanish
- It has privacy concerns.
- It occasionally discovers strange server location information.
- Does not offer decent customer service.
How to Use IPVanish for Free
- Begin your IPVanish risk-free trial. You can discontinue your subscription at any time. There are no additional fees.
- IPVanish has a money-back guarantee of 30 days. This VPN programme offers a variety of adjustable subscriptions for both people and businesses.
Betternet is a VPN service that launched in 2015, immediately gained popularity as a free VPN, and was eventually acquired by Pango.
Betternet appeared to be an independent corporation situated in Canada when I first tested it for a review a few years ago. However, according to this revised evaluation, Betternet is now owned by Pango, which is linked to Hotspot Shield VPN.
Features Of Betternet
1. Excellent Unblocking Capabilities
I was unable to access Netflix using any of the servers I tested, but I had success with Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
2. Fast Speeds
There was only a minor slow down when I tested servers in the UK and the US, but overall performance was amazing.
3. 80 Servers In Ten Countries
This is still a very limited server network, and the free plan only allows you to access one location.
4. Adequate Security Features
Both paid and free plans have standard SSL encryption, and it did not block IPv6 traffic during my tests.
5. Apps That Are Simple And Easy To Use
It offers intuitive graphics, clear directions, and safety measures.
6. Allows Torrenting
Torrenting and P2P file sharing are permitted, however it is hazardous because there is no automatic kill switch.
7. Payment Alternatives Are Limited
I was dismayed to discover that I could only pay with my credit card. There is no anonymity because it does not accept Bitcoin or Paypal payments.
8. Quick Customer Service Responses
The customer support team responded swiftly, albeit their response was a little imprecise. There is also a comprehensive FAQ section.
9. It supports 5 simultaneous device connections and has apps for iOS, Windows, Android, and MacOS, but not routers or gaming consoles.
Pros Of Betternet
- There is no need to register before using.
- Custom VPN apps, which are extremely simple to use.
Cons Of Betternet
- Basic security measures such as a VPN kill switch are missing.
- There is only one VPN server location (US)
- Uncertain speeds
- Untrustworthy for streaming DNS, WebRTC leakage, and prior malware issues
- There is no customer service for free users.
8. Proton VPN
Proton VPN was created in 2017 and is run by the same firm that operates the encrypted email service ProtonMail.
Proton VPN wants consumers to feel protected when using its free software, from photographs of its underground Swiss data facilities to its frequently updated transparency report.
Features Of Proton VPN
1. Excellent At Unblocking Streaming Platforms
I had no trouble accessing Netflix US or any of the other major streaming services.
2. Encryption Of Military Grade And Other Security Aspects
My IP address or DNS requests were not leaked by Proton VPN, and it has excellent security safeguards to protect your data and privacy.
3. A Proven No-Logs Policy
4. App With Full Functionality For Linux, Windows, And Android
It provides one of the few free Linux VPNs with a full GUI, but Mac and iOS users are out of luck.
5. The Software Is Well
designed and simple to use; I was able to rapidly navigate the app, enable capabilities, and connect to servers.
6. Prices Are Reasonable
This is a reasonably priced VPN that also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pros Of Proton VPN
- It employs robust encryption and protocols.
- To secure your privacy, your connection is routed through VPN servers.
- It has a good server speed.
- Allows you to watch BBC iPlayer online.
- P2P VPN and Tor browser are supported.
Cons Of Proton VPN
- Limited servers are available for the Asian region.
- Only offers email help.
9. Unlocator VPN
Unlocator is an excellent VPN option for anyone who wishes to maintain their online privacy while accessing all geo-restricted content.
It not only provides fast speeds and access to every available streaming channel, but it also provides a 7-day trial and a 30-day no-questions-asked return guarantee.
Features Of Unlocator VPN
1. Unblocks 240 Streaming Services
I tested Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, APV, and other major streaming platforms, and it unblocked 240 of them.
2. Inconsistent Speeds
At one point, you’re at maximum speed, and then it drops by more than 75%.
3. Only 40 Servers In 30 Countries
The Unlocator VPN offers only 40 servers housed in 30 countries.
4. Robust security
Compatibility includes Windows, Android, macOS, and game consoles. Its apps are simple to set up, and you may connect up to five devices at once.
Pros Of Unlocator VPN
- Compatible with the majority of streaming services.
- Smart DNS service included.
- Free seven-day trial with no credit card required.
- VPN kill switch.
Cons Of Unlocator VPN
- Rather sluggish.
- The website is not particularly informative.
- Improved privacy practices are required.
- more pricey than the majority.
- It has fewer features than its competitors.
My Final Word on Best Free VPN
If you want to be able to access all your favourite applications, services and sites, you definitely need a good VPN app.
Whether you need it for work or just for personal use, there are plenty of these apps out there.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Best Free VPN
1. What exactly is a VPN?
A VPN is a programme that allows you to connect to a virtual server network. It enables data transmission and reception via a public or shared network.
Many of these tools allow you to easily and securely access your favorite websites.
VPN programmes allow you to access the Internet anonymously while also protecting your data from leaks.
2. How does a VPN work?
A VPN works by directing your device’s Internet connection through the VPN’s private server rather than through your ISP (ISP).
This allows you to send data to the Internet straight via the VPN rather than through your computer.
3. Are free VPNs secure to use?
Free VPNs are not as secure as commercial VPNs. By using a free VPN, you are jeopardizing your online privacy.
When connecting to a VPN, users may face slower Internet connections and other difficulties. As a result, using a free VPN software that compromises security by logging and selling your information to third-party advertisers is not a recommended alternative.
As a result, it is prudent to select a reputable premium VPN that offers a 30-day risk-free trial period with a money-back guarantee. Check here for a 30-day risk-free NordVPN and ExpressVPN trial.
4. Which are the best free android VPNs?
Some of the finest free VPNs for Android are as follows:
3. Atlas Virtual Private Network
8. VPN Freedome
5. How Do I Set Up A Free VPN On Android?
The following is a step-by-step guide to setting up a VPN on an Android device for FREE:
1) On your Android device, go to setting.
2) Navigate to Network Settings or Wireless & Networks.
3) Navigate to the VPN tab.
4) Click the “+” button or select “Options” and then “Add VPN Profile.”
5) Enter the server address, name, type, username, and password of the network administrator, and then click “Save.”
6) You may now use the VPN on your Android phone without having to install any third-party VPN apps.